Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cemetery

I love cemeteries.  They are always peaceful, interesting, often beautiful, and always a reminder to appreciate life and the meaningful moments we find if we are paying attention.  Wednesday morning Nelda and I took a walk in the cemetery overlooking the prairie at Ebey's Landing on Whidbey Island.  The cemetery is one of my favorites.  The walk was wonderful, and we were delighted with our discoveries, which you will see in the pictures below. 


Terry Toms left messages on both sides of his bench--see below.  I think I would have liked him.


This didn't have a name or date...just a message!

We had to dig through the flowers to find the name, but isn't this delightful?

This was my favorite.  On this side, he rewrote the Serenity Prayer to make it his own.

And it even looks like this may have been his own printing.  

Here's the front of his stone.  Take the time to read his message below.  Wow!

Don't you wish you knew this guy?

This was touching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment