Thursday, August 30, 2012

Breakfast at Frank's Place



The cleaning lady, Viola, came to clean Hobart's house this morning.  We hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so Hobart suggested we go out for breakfast and get out of Viola's way.  We got into the car and backed out of the driveway.  Hobart gave me options, "You have two choices--one place is rather nice and the other is dreadful."  I chose "dreadful."  (I like living on the edge.)  So we drove north on highway 20 until we got to Frank's place. We parked.   I took one look at the sign, the roadside decor and the yard art and burst out laughing.  It was indeed dreadful.  It was a patriot, military, greasy spoon with a sign out in front that advertised Spam. it also had a statue of Elvis waiting to greet us at the door.  In addition to Spam breakfasts, the menu happily featured "Bacon Mania".  The waitress was friendly, the coffee hot, and Hobart's eggs Benedict featured, of course, BACON!  And for an hour, I sat in a Washington state, Whidbey island restaurant and felt like I was right back home.......in Texas!  



 I think Frank is very patriotic. 
 Elvis to greet us.

 Bacon, bacon and more bacon

A bumble bee and the Statue of Liberty--who could ask for more?

 Ultimate yard art

 Military men and women and camouflage  

Bacon eggs Benedict
(Hobart ate this and survived.)

Elvis, looking over Hobart's shoulder. 

1 comment: