Thursday, June 7, 2012

Here I go

In 48 hours my new life on Whidbey Island with Hobart will begin.  The past year has been filled with moments and magic.  A year ago in June Jim was dying and I realized I could no longer take care of him at home.  The moment came to move him to Remarkable Healthcare and for the next week the family gathered around him to love and comfort him in his final days.  The magic came on June 17, 2011, when he allowed us to be with him as he took his last breath.  We were blessed to be able to hold his hands as we sensed his precious soul leaving his body.  The months passed, some better than others.  The holidays were difficult but I experienced another wonderful moment when Laurie's family gave me an early Christmas present, Sadie Lou, a soft fluffy puppy to ease my pain and loneliness.  The magic was how she transformed my life and filled my heart as she played and wiggled her way into my world.  


In March the moment that transformed my life was the phone call from Laurie Beth, informing me that Hobart was looking for me from Oak Harbor, WA.  The magic began when I picked up the phone, called him, and heard his deep joyful laughter as he answered the phone.  The past three months have been filled with both moments and magic--hours on the phone, my trip to Whidbey Island, his trip to Texas, reunions with family and friends, introducing ourselves into each other's cultures and lives.  On Saturday we will begin life together permanently, splitting time between Whidbey Island (Home North) in the summers and Texas (Home South) in the winters.  Life is good.  


Happy!





No comments:

Post a Comment